When you are making the pancakes I always brush the frying pan in between pancakes with a little butter, then pour in the batter and then swirl the pan around to quickly distribute the batter all over the frying pan so that I get a really thin layer of batter. Tastes so yummy. Happy breakfast.
To keep my pancakes warm in between frying I place them inside the medium Thermi Servebowl folded up so that I can enjoy them all in one go.
- 100 g plain flour
- 2 large eggs
- 300 g whole milk
- 30 g unsalted butter
- 30 g caster sugar or any topping of your choice
- 1 lemon juice only
- Place the plain flour, eggs, milk and 10g caster sugar in the mixing bowl. Combine 30 Sec. / Speed 4.
- Meanwhile, place the butter in a large non-stick frying pan. Heat to medium and melt the butter. Pour into a small bowl and set aside. Wipe the frying pan clean with a kitchen towel. Keep the heat medium.
- Add 1 Tbsp of the melted butter to the mixing bowl and mix again 10 Sec. / Speed 4.
- When you are ready to fry the pancakes, brush the pan with a little of the remaining melted butter, then pour about 3 Tbsp worth of batter into the hot pan quickly. As soon as the batter hits the frying pan, tilt it around from side to side in a circular motion to quickly get the entire base of the frying pan evenly coated with batter.
- Fry for about 30-45 seconds, then flip over. Fry for another 20 seconds, then remove and place onto a plate or inside a Thermi Servebowl to keep them warm while repeating with the remaining batter. Squeeze over some lemon juice and dust with caster sugar. Serve warm.
rate and comment
- more delicious recipes
take them for a spin