Steamed Meringue Cheesecake
This is the easiest steamed meringue cheesecake you can prepare for the whole family and uses the Thermomix Varoma. Super moist and delicious and easy to follow recipe.
I just love using my Varoma to make cake. This meringue cheesecake is one of my newest creations. It is super moist and fluffy and so full of flavour, simply amazing. The filling is made with a mixture of mascarpone and cream cheese but you can also use quark instead if it is readily available. I have also sometimes been making this cheesecake with 1 Tbsp vanilla custard powder instead of corn flour which tastes brilliant but it is not necessary. It will give you a slightly different texture though. The meringue is also an optional but I liked the combination of the nice and juicy cheesecake with the creamy meringue topping.
I've made this super delicious Steamed meringue cheesecake with the help of my brand new Reusable Teflon Papers for the Varoma. They are the perfect helper in the kitchen for all of you who are Varoma fans. Our reusable teflon papers are designed to catch juices and thanks to the non-stick coating can be easily peeled off after usage. They are washable and totally reusable so they are a great environmentally friendly choice. You don’t need to grease the Varoma tray before using and they is pre-cut to perfectly fit your Varoma tray. It cannot get much easier than that and even better, they fit both, the TM5 and TM31.
Thermomix Varoma Meringue Cheesecake
- 2 eggs
- 150 g caster sugar
- 30 g fine semolina
- 300 g cream cheese
- 200 g mascarpone
- 1 vanilla pod seeds scraped (keep the scraped out pod to make vanilla sugar)
- 20 g corn flour
- 1 lemon zest and juice
- 150 g fresh blueberries or frozen, thawed before using
- 100 g fresh raspberries or frozen, thawed before using
- 900 g water
- 3 egg whites
- 1 tsp cream of tartar
- 200 g caster sugar
- 1 Tbsp corn flour
- 30 g flaked almonds optional
- Place the eggs, caster sugar, semolina, cream cheese, mascarpone, scraped out seeds of the vanilla pod, corn flour and lemon juice and zest in the mixing bowl. Mix 20 Sec. / Speed 5.
- Line the base of the Varoma upper tray with our reusable teflon paper and pour the mixture into the dish. Decorate with the fresh blueberries and raspberries by scattering it all over the filling. Fill the mixing bowl with the water and put the Varoma in place. Steam 40 Min. / Varoma / Speed 1.
- Carefully remove the lid away from you, making sure the steam escapes away from you because it is super hot. It is best to use oven gloves for that. Place the Varoma tray on the lid and leave to cool. The lid will catch any of the juices.
- Clean the mixing bowl.
- To make the meringue insert the butterfly whisk attachment. Place the egg whites and cream of tartar in the mixing bowl. Whisk 3 Min. / 37°C / Speed 3.5.
- Whisk again 3 Min. / 37°C / Speed 3 and very slowly, every 20 seconds, add 1 Tbsp of the caster sugar through the lid.
- Add the cornflour and whisk 1 Min. / Speed 3. Fit a piping bag with an open star nozzle and fill with the meringue.
- Remove the cooled cake from the Varoma tray and transfer onto a serving plate. Pipe over the cooled cheesecake and, using a blow torch, brown the meringue slightly. Sprinkle over the flaked almonds and serve chilled. Enjoy!
Check out my Thermomix meringue video below
rate and comment
- more delicious recipes
take them for a spin