Vegan Gluten Free Chocolate Cake
This vegan gluten free chocolate cake is one of the fluffiest and simplest cakes to prepare, especially using the Thermomix.
Perfect recipe for a layer cake or birthday cake. I love chocolate cake. In case you haven't noticed yet, there are so many variations of tasty chocolate cakes on my blog and this one is the perfect vegan and gluten free cake.
It is a teaser recipe that I have published for you to get a feel for the amazing recipes that you can find in my brand new book Gluten Free Cakes & Bakes. It is a stunning book packed with amazing gluten free recipes, half of which are also vegan and all are refined sugar free. You could divide the mixture into two or three tins and make a layer cake. Make sure in that case to use 18cm tins.
- 2 Tbsp flaxseed
- 60 g water
- 50 g vegan dark chocolate min. 70%
- 60 g vegetable oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 375 g almond milk
- 150 g coconut sugar or golden caster sugar
- 100 g ground almonds
- 185 g buckwheat flour
- 20 g dairy free cocoa powder
- 5 g arrowroot or cornflour
- 1 Tbsp gluten free baking powder
- 20 g apricot jam refined sugar free 25g flaked almonds to serve
- 2 fresh figs quartered (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 180C / 160C Fan / Gas Mark 4. Line a 20cm round springform cake tin with greaseproof paper. Set aside.
- Place the flaxseed and water in a small bowl and set aside for 5 minutes.
- Place the chocolate in the mixing bowl. Blitz 5 Sec. / Speed 9. Scrape down using spatula.
- Add the oil and melt 1 Min. / 50C / Speed 2.
- Add the vanilla extract, almond milk, sugar, almonds, flour, cocoa powder, arrowroot, soaked flaxseed and baking powder. Combine 30 Sec. / Speed 5.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared tin and bake for 35-45 minutes until a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and leave to cool in the tin for 5 minutes then transfer onto a wire rack to cool completely. Spread with the apricot jam, sprinkle over some flaked almonds and decorate with the figs. You can store the cake in an airtight container for up to one week.
rate and comment
- more delicious recipes
take them for a spin
Latest Recipes • Mains • Soups • Vegan Thai Pumpkin soup 5 from 1 vote Prep Time: 10 minutes Cook Time: 20 minutes Servings: 4 people Thai pumpkin soup is especially good when you are feeling a little cold or just need something to warm you up straight away. I am a big fan…
10 Best Bread Recipes – Thermomix Ever since I was five years old, I’ve had a passion for baking bread. My father, who became a professional baker at age fourteen, always instilled in me just how special creating your own loaf of bread is. I’ve loved working out how to adapt and create bread…
Bread • Breakfast • Latest Recipes • Snacks Knackebrod No Ratings So Far Prep Time: 15 minutes Cook Time: 20 minutes Servings: 18 crackers Knackebrod is a firm staple in our house. I love experimenting with different variations and there are endless possibilties for you to try any combination you like. The base recipe…
Basics • Latest Recipes • Mains How to steam whole chicken 5 from 1 vote Prep Time: 5 minutes Cook Time: 1 hour Total Time: 1 hour 5 minutes Servings: 4 people A whole chicken is one of my favourite choices for steaming and probably one of the most traditional ways to utilise your…
Bread • Latest Recipes • Snacks Steamed Pizza Scrolls No Ratings So Far Prep Time: 2 hours Cook Time: 30 minutes Total Time: 2 hours 30 minutes Servings: 8 scrolls These pizza scrolls are so incredible I can not get enough of them. To make something so delicious only requires such minimal effort and…
Bread • Latest Recipes Beer Bread 1 from 1 vote Prep Time: 2 hours 30 minutes Cook Time: 30 minutes Total Time: 3 hours Servings: 1 Loaf On international beer day there is nothing better than a fresh slice of beer bread with some butter and cheese. I like to keep things simple and…
Cakes • Gluten Free • Latest Recipes Almond Raspberry & Lemon Cake No Ratings So Far Prep Time: 3 hours Cook Time: 1 hour Total Time: 4 hours Servings: 16 Slices I am absolutely love with this almond raspberry and lemon cake. It is such a refreshing cake and I love the fact that…