Spelt and seed loaf
This spelt and seed loaf is prepared in three minutes, using the Thermomix, and one of the fluffiest and juiciest loaves of bread out there.
So tasty and perfect for sandwiches. Baking bread can be a daunting task but this spelt and seed loaf is just so perfect if you are new to baking or you just want something super tasty that is ready in minutes.
It involves virtually no manual labour and once the dough is kneaded, all you need to do is to wait patiently until it has risen and then bake it. One of my top tips for the perfect loaf is to leave it to rise slowly and steadily. Patience is so important and before you get tempted to put it in the oven after 30 minutes because you think it must be ready by now, give it another 30 and you will see at the end how much fluffier it gets.
Also, another really important trick is to be patient once it is baked. Don't try and cut into the bread when it is still warm, after it comes out of the oven it will continue to bake for at least another 10-15 minutes. If you have experienced the 'soggy' middle, you have probably been a little impatient (there is nothing wrong with that, I've had it so many times) but the longer you can bring yourself to wait the better it will be at the end.
A fluffy loaf needs some time to cool and fully develop its aromas. If you have any questions about baking bread, why not come to one of my bread baking classes or leave me a comment and I will get in touch with you.
- 500 g spelt grain
- 100 g whole almonds
- 100 g mixed seeds pumpkin, sunflower etc.
- 1 Tbsp dry active yeast or 30g fresh yeast
- 2 tsp sea salt
- 30 g balsamic vinegar
- 450 g water
- 1 tsp bread spice optional, or 1/2 tsp cumin seeds, 1/2 tsp caraway seeds
- 1 tsp dark brown sugar
Prepare a 2-pound loaf tin by lining it with greaseproof paper. Set aside.
- Place 250g spelt grain in the mixing bowl. Blitz 40 Sec. / Speed 10. Transfer into a bowl and set aside.
- Add the almonds to the mixing bowl and blitz 3 Sec. / Speed 6. Transfer into the bowl with the spelt.
- Place the remaining 250g spelt grain in the mixing bowl. Blitz 1 Min. / Speed 10. Add the milled spelt and chopped almonds, mixed seeds, yeast, salt, balsamic vinegar, water, bread spice and sugar and knead 3 Min. / Kneading function.
- Pour the dough into the prepared loaf tin and cover with a tea towel. Leave to rise for 1 hour.
- Five minutes before you want to bake the bread switch on the oven to 220°C / 200°C Fan / Gas Mark 8. Place the loaf in the oven and bake for 50 minutes - 1 hour until the bread sounds hollow when tapped. Remove from the loaf tin and place on a wire cooling rack. Leave to cool entirely before slicing. Enjoy!
rate and comment
- more delicious recipes
take them for a spin