Epic Veggie Bolognese
Let’s make some epic veggie bolognese together I am so excited because I absolutely love bolognese and normally use veal mince to make mine so using lentils and a truck load of veggies is such a good idea. This is one of the easiest dinners and one of my favourite Thermomix recipes. You can also add any other vegetables that you like if you fancy something a little different. If you are serving this to fussy kids or toddlers you can also chop the veggies even finer so that they are a little more hidden or puree them altogether.
I use my Thermi Servebowl to keep the veggie bolognese hot while preparing the pasta and a little side salad. The large size is perfect for this recipe and is such a wonderful kitchen helper. You can also serve the bolognese in the Thermi Servebowl and store it securely with the airtight silicone lid in the fridge. Perfect for taking out to friends or on a picnic the next day.
- 2 celery stalks in small chunks
- 2 carrots in small chunks
- 100 g courgette in small chunks
- 20 g dried porcini mushrooms
- 30 g Olive oil
- 1 onion peeled and halved
- 4 garlic cloves peeled
- 1 star anise
- 200 g red wine
- 2 sprigs rosemary leaves picked
- 2 sprigs thyme leaves picked
- 2 tsp vegetable stock paste
- 2x 400g tins plum tomatoes
- 1 tin green lentils, drained or Puy lentils
- 2 tsp caster sugar or coconut sugar
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp fennel seeds
- 1/2 tsp coriander seeds
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp chilli flakes
- 1/2 tsp sea salt flakes
- 500 g linguine or spaghetti or tagliatelle
- 1 tsp freshly chopped parsley
- Parmesan cheese (for non vegan option) or vegan cheese
Place the celery stalks, carrots, mushrooms and courgette in the mixing bowl. Chop 3 Sec. / Speed 5. Transfer into a separate bowl and set aside.
Place the porcini mushrooms in the mixing bowl. Chop 3 Sec. / Speed 5. Scrape down using a spatula. Add the olive oil and fry 2 Min. / 120C / Speed 1.
Add the onion and garlic and chop 2 Sec. / Speed 7. Add the star anise and fry 5 Min. / 120C / Speed 2. Remove the star anise.
Add the chopped veggies and fry 10 Min. / 120C / Speed 2. If you have a TM31, fry 10 Min. / Varoma / Speed 2.
Add the rosemary, thyme, vegetable stock paste, red wine, tomatoes, lentils, caster sugar, ground black pepper, oregano, fennel seeds, coriander seeds, smoked paprika, chilli flakes and salt and cook 20 Min. / 120C / Reverse Speed 1 / no measuring cup / place the simmering basket on top of the mixing bowl instead to avoid splatters.
- Meanwhile, place a saucepan filled with water on the hob and cook your pasta according to packet instructions.
Check if everything is cooked to your liking and season to taste with a little more salt, pepper and veggie stock paste or sugar and place in a Thermi Servebowl to keep hot while finishing off dinner.
- Serve the pasta with the sauce and sprinkle over some freshly chopped parley and either parmesan cheese or vegan cheese (if using).
rate and comment
- more delicious recipes
take them for a spin