Coconut Coriander Chicken
Sometimes having a healthy dinner is just what you need. It needs to be easy, fast, light and super tasty. This super tasty steamed coconut coriander chicken is so easy to prepare and it is done in less than 30 minutes. You can easily increase the quantity of the chicken by adding more strips next to the vegetables in the Varoma dish. I use my favourite two Varoma accessories to make this Thermomix recipe; the stainless steel trivet and tray.
The tray is so versatile and you can use the tray to serve it straight at the breakfast table, so easy. After you are done, simply place the tray in the dishwasher and voila, all done. Not to worry though, steam can still circulate perfectly around the tray and nothing will prevent your lovely food from cooking all the way through. It is a perfect fit and much of such high quality, sourced by me to ensure you get the best products out there. The trivet helps circulate the steam even better and is made of proper stainless steel, not just chrome plated.
- 1 red chilli in large chunks
- 3 cm piece of ginger
- 2 garlic cloves peeled
- 2 shallots peeled
- 20 g coconut oil
- 250 g coconut milk
- 4 kaffir lime leaves
- 10 g fish sauce
- 20 g palm sugar or coconut sugar
- 3 chicken breast fillets cubed (or chicken breast strips no thicker than 2cm)
- 2 slices of lime
- 250 g pumpkin peeled and chopped in chunks
- 200 g mangetout
- 1200 g water
- 1 tsp vegetable stock paste
- 300 g jasmine rice
- 10 g fresh coriander to serve
- 2 lime wedges for serving
Place the red chilli, ginger, garlic and shallot in the mixing bowl. Chop 3 Sec. / Speed 5. Add the oil and fry 3 Min. / 120C / Speed 2. Add the coconut milk, kaffir lime leaves, fish sauce and coconut sugar (or palm sugaand combine 10 Sec. / Speed 2.
Meanwhile, place the chicken breast chunks in the stainless steel tray and insert into the Varoma upper tray. Pour over the sauce. Decorate with a couple slices of lime.
Place the pumpkin pieces and mange tout in the Varoma dish fitted with a stainless steel trivet.
- Without cleaning the mixing bowl, add the water and the vegetable stock paste and insert the simmering basket.
Add the rice into the simmering basket and place the Varoma on top of the mixing bowl. Steam 20 Min. / Varoma / Speed 2.
- Once steamed, serve the chicken with some pumpkin pieces, mange tout, rice and decorate with fresh coriander and a lime wedge.
rate and comment
- more delicious recipes
take them for a spin